Friday 23 May 2014

Canvas Tutorial

I've been staring at this dead space in my kitchen for a while now. Last month when I went to Utah I was determined to find a cute canvas or picture set. I came home with nothing!! (disclaimer: I came home with LOTS of stuff.... just nothing for my kitchen... :) So I decided I would make exactly what I wanted instead, after all, that's the beauty of crafting!


I got 4 free 12x12 canvases from my sister so I decided that's what I would use. I started looking online for a printable template I liked that I could modge podge on them.


I printed off the printables I liked at Costco as photos


I used the "matte" finish modge podge so the canvases didn't show up super shiny. I applied a thin layer of modge podge on the canvas and let it set for 1-2 minutes before I put the photo on. Place the photo on, make sure it's perfectly centred. Then apply a generous coat of modge podge on top with a paint brush. Make sure the edges don't lift, and seal around the outside of the picture by painting modge podge around the sides of the canvas too. 


 Once they are completely dry hang them as you wish! Ta-da! Super easy. The awkward space isn't completely filled but it's a start.


Love them :)


2 comments:

  1. So cute Kylie!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay these are amazingly cute. You're so stinkin' talented!!

    ReplyDelete